So… today I decided to put together a little different post for you guys. Since I am doing one of my internships this semester at Stanley Korshak, I thought it was appropriate to share. At Stanley Korshak, I am working in the cosmetics department which if any of you know me, is right up my ally. I love any and all make up, beauty products, bath soaps, lotion, nail polish, candles, etc.
Over the years I have been through plenty of different types of make up. If you look in my make up bag, it looks like a hot mess. I wanted to share with you some of my favorites!
During the day, I try to keep it easy and as simple as possible and stick to the basics.
- Bobbi Brown BB Cream. This stuff is literally the best. It is not too heavy but covers a whole lot up and BB cream has a ton of antioxidants so it is good for your skin. I have this in two colors, Light and Medium so that I can mix them together to match my skin tone depending on whether I am ghostly pale, normal color or tan.
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightening Concealer. Perfect to cover up the dark circles under my eyes… this stuff doesn’t get gooky and clumpy like other concealers.
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow. This is my favorite color palet. I like it because it works for day and night. During the day, I stick to the lighter shades and at night, I add in the dark for more of a smokey eye.
- NARS Desire Blush. I am 100% obsessed with this blush and it lasts forever. I have had mine since like freshman year of college and it is no where near running low. All you need is a little bit of this bright pink!
- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder. This stuff rocks! I put it on last and it sets everything for the day.
- Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara. I love this mascara and it is not too much for daytime.
- Laura Mercier Deep Night Eyeshadow. This stuff is so wonderful! I use it as an eyeliner. I wet my eyeliner brush (see below) and apply it that way. I like the dark navy because it is not as heavy as black, especially for the daytime.
- Chanel Rogue Coco Lipstick. I love this color. It is the perfect pink.
- Bobbi Brown Brightening Lip Gloss. Love the color of this pink. It looks great over my lipstick and its not too pink ( as if there is even such a thing as too much pink) for daytime,
At night, I add a few things to jazz it up. I always wear this Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer under my makeup at night because it makes your makeup last so much longer. Sometimes I wear it during the day as well if I know I need my makeup to last all day.
- A sheer cover of the Laura Mercier Sundust Bronzer. This goes a loooooong way and lasts forever. If you ask me, it is the perfect bronzer for every skin type.
- Chanel Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow. I put this dark gray color on before I put on my eyeshadow. It is really sparkly and like I said above, gives more of a smokey eye effect which is perfect for nighttime.
- Bobbi Brown black eyeliner. I don’t always use black because sometimes it feels too much. Every once in a while I do use black for night time though and I love this one.
- Dior Black Out Mascara. I absolutely LOVE this mascara. Love it, love it, love it.
- I try to add a little more of a pop color on my lips at night and love this Laura Mercier pink lipstick. I wear either a clear gloss over it or my daytime lip gloss above.
Brushes are essential to the application of your makeup. I have used these brushes for forever. I honestly think investing in nice brushes is so important because they last so much longer.
- For my blush: Trish McEvoy Powder and Blush Brush.
- For my bronzer/ loose powder: Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush.
- For my foundation (BB cream and under eye concealer): Chanel Foundation Brush.
- For my eyeshadow: Laura Mercier Pony Tail Brush.
- For my eyeliner: Laura Mercier Flat Eyeliner Brush.
- For my eyelashes: Trish McEvoy Lash Curler.
Hope you guys enjoyed a little peak inside my make up bag!! I am off to work to drown in my love for make up. Hopefully I do not make any purchases today.